Thursday, June 7, 2012

So I went to therapy today and it was the first time T has seen me as just me. Not depressed. Not manic. Not anything, but just me. She was very pleased at where I'm at and so am I. She gave me more samples of Abilify since I can't afford it. She is fantastic. We went over my list of 100 things that make me unique and she loved it. We discussed how its much easier to recognize all the good things I have when I'm just me and feel like I'm in my own skin. The past week has shown me that this whole bipolar thing is manageable when you find the right meds and coping skills. It gives me hope of a normal life again. A life that I thought I'd lost to depression.

She was even more thrilled with me when I told her how I was using my coping skills and recognizing the warning signs of me shifting into a mood or blowing up at someone. I told her how I blew up at my mom a few times, but more than that, I was able to productively tell my mom when things weren't helping and when she was really starting to get to me and set me off. T loved that I was able to do that and says she expects that there will be some slipups every now and then. Its natural to screw up. I just need to learn from it and try better next time. All in all a great session today and still stable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment